Friday 5 March 2010

It's coming!

Went to Intermarche, faire les courses, we gotta eat. Never mind ??We just does. Got through the caisse. then, vide poche, hadn't brought means of payment. Mum suffered from Alzheimers for the last year of her life, and, I had a horrible feeling; it's coming! If it do, it do. I used to sit with her at night, on the bed, with my arm round her, and her head on my shoulder, I'd talk to her and stroke her hair, until she fell asleep. It was a quiet blessed time, which made me feel deeply sad; mum was there, but, she wasn't. She occaisionally had animated conversations with a gentleman standing by her bed, I never said he wasn't there, because, to mum, he was real, she described his clothes, always had polished boots, and I sat and listened to their conversation. It was fascinating listening to them, she always ended the conversation with, "see you soon, bye bye"She was always happy and relaxed afterwards. Whoever you were Mr invisible. Many Thanks for the happiness you gave. If I end up same road, come and talk to me.

1 comment:

Claire said...

oops!

so you all starving then?

sorry to hear about your mother, but so long as she was happy ....