Saturday 13 February 2010

Jus Tinkin

For peeps as as a camera, it's amazing, how many piccys you can take in a lifetime. I've an old praktica slr, which takes brill photos, but like me, it's now getting passed it's sell-by date. Move over darling, digital is here. I can't disapprove of the new digital camera, it is a great invention. Yet i mourn the passing of, setting the aperture, the timing, the focus, all the pissing about, but, also, the really great pictures at the end of it all. not always, I hasten to say, some piccys I took were awful, but, some, were beautiful!! I took a shot of our daughter, on the beach at Caloundra Queensland, when we were on holiday, she was, 12/13 yrs old, just reaching the change from girl to young woman. She was lying, turned toward me, on the sand, on the beach in the sunshine, big grin, and I suddenly saw her for the woman she would be. Snap! Gottcha! A beautiful picture. We had a papoose for James, the youngest, and he spent almost all the time with me, looking backwards. He had an orange floppy hat, Queensland sun is a killer, and my wife took a sequence of piccys, with just the hat in view, then his little face. He was only tiny, and he got a very hit and miss view of life as we walked along. Perhaps that's why he has a degree in computer science, and I'm an hgv driver. I'm just too practical. I think the required element to understanding computers is to have, a not quite centred view on life. It's just jealousy, I wish i was better at it, but what little brain I have, don't work like that. In this day and age, it could be deemed a terminal illness. Perhaps it is? Snow BUGGER OFF!!!!! IT'S NOT FUNNY!!! I hate laughing snow! No I'm NOT paranoid, but I will be, if the snow continues to hang around.

1 comment:

trudi said...

agreed...bugger off snow (well actually we don't have much left but it's bloody coooold)

Patrick takes photos of Lydia where I can see her soul, I think you need to start posting pics Jim!!!